||Number of questions and time allotted
||Genre of passages:
- Classic or contemporary literature
- U.S. founding document or a text from the ‘Great Global’ conversation
- Multiple-choice questions based on 4 individual passages
- One paired passage with multiple-choice questions addressing either or both passages.
- Questions test ability to interpret detail; identify structure /purpose, understand vocabulary in context and analyze passages
- Each question has 4 answer choices
- Some questions have tables, charts, graphs or some other info graphic
- 52 questions from 6 passages
- 10-12 questions per passage
- 65 minutes for entire section
|Writing and Language
||Genre of passages
- Multiple-choice questions based on 4 individual passages.
- Questions test grammar, word choice, punctuation and many ask to improve meaning, style, or flow of ideas.
tables, charts, graphs or some other info graphic
- Each question has 4 answer choices.
- 44 questions from 4 passages
- 35 minutes for the entire section