TISSNET 2017 English Section Memory based Questions and Answers
1. A country that ensures equal rights for its citizens.
2. He has changed a lot. He is a far ____ from what he used to be.
3. Spot the odd one out – friendly, pompous, affable, pleasant
4. He has been arrested for marrying many times.
5. Antonym of precarious
6. Analogy - dirty: filthy :: silly
7. A person who knows and speaks several languages and is able to converse with others
8. He looks unreliable. But we can hire him because we cannot judge a book by its ____.
9. Me and my sister went to the mall to shop.
Ans.: ‘me and my sister’ is incorrect. The correct use is ‘my sister and I’’.
10. Analogy - chase: pursue : : bewilder: ?
11. Odd one out – tsunami, earthquake, flood, famine
12. A doctor who takes care of new born babies
13. We cannot hire someone who runs away from law as he is a ______.
14. A research student is expected to ______ his/her sources.
15. I am looking up my keys.
Ans.:‘looking up’ is incorrect. The correct answer is ‘looking for’.
16. No sooner do the bell ring than the children ran out.
Ans.: ‘do the bell ring’ is incorrect. The correct use is ‘did the bell ring’.
17. How did you solve the puzzle? Your _____ is as good as mine.
18. Analogy - enthusiasm: enthuse :: excitement : ?
19. They kept their marriage a secret. But now they have to let the____ out of the bag.
20. Analogy -encourage : discourage : : pacify : ?
21. Industrialization has severely effectedthe environment.
Ans.: ‘effected’ is incorrect usage. The correct word is ‘affected’.
22. Antonym of trivial –
23. There are very few people in the world that doesn’t like…
Ans.: ‘who don’t like’ is incorrect. The correct answer is ‘who don’t like’
24. He is waiting for you since …
Ans.: ‘he is waiting’ is incorrect. The correct use of the tense is ‘he has been waiting’.
25. Odd one out – reporter, editor, columnist, playwright
TISSNET 2017 QA, DI and LR section memory based Questions and Answers
1. Set A consists of first 10 whole numbers. Set B contains first 10 natural numbers…..
2. Set Theory questions: 2100 people play Badminton, 1750 like Chess…..
3. Blood relation: Pushpa is mother of Kamala who is sister of Dilip…..
4. Five people, F1, F2, … F5. F1 and F4 are unmarried females, No females plays Chess or Tennis…… who play chess?
5. P, Q, R, S and T represents numbers – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. P is odd, Q is neither 4 or 5….. Order of numbers?
6. Number of rectangles in the grid?
7. 7, 10, 19, 46, 127…
8. Prajita is 7th from starting and 35th from last. Number of people except the three people?
9. Statement conclusion question:
Ans: Domestic consumers more electricity than industrial consumers……
Ans: answer was not in the options
11. Set theory question: 35% people have smart TV, 25% have luxury Hutch back. Total number of people?
12. 2, 10, 30, ….., 130
13. Cuboid cutting question: dimension – 8*6*5…. How many cubes have all 3 sides painted?
14. DrBappa has 5 gold rings. R1 to R5…. Arrange in decreasing order.
Ans: R1 R2 R5 R4 R3
15. A, DE, IJK,
16. Average of first 7 prime numbers?
17. In a triangle, one of the acute angle is twice of other. Find the smallest angle.
18. Average of Anil, Bimal, Candy is 84. If Dorothy was added the average becomes 80…. Find weight of Anil.
19. In an isosceles triangle, AB = AC, angle A is 8 times the base angle. Find half of angle A.
20. Atmaram had Rs. 78,00,000 which was distributer among his 3 sons….
21. Anand sold an article at 8% discount after making 25% profit…. Find Cost Price.
22. If 65% of X is 2900 more than 36% of X…
23. DI question: Realization from export of AB in million dollars in 7 months. Find ratio of difference of 3rd and 7th and 2nd and 6th.
Ans: 3 : 1
24. K Tea, Kun Tea, Sun tree, Ruk Money question:
Ans: 5 : 2
25. Di question: Sales, Expenditure, Interest etc are given of A and X. Find ratio of Interest and Depreciation of A and X.
Ans: 4 : 1
26. DI question: Transportation and Communication… Revised estimate is how much more than Budget estimate?
27. DI question: Brand Big and Brand Boss…. Find compounded annual increase from 2014 to 2016.
28. DI question: spending of Rs. 13.6 cr on Orphan girls…. Vocational and Health is how much more than clothing and Day Meal?
29. Pie chart question:
30. Mix Graph on Line and Bar Graph ..
TISSNET 2017 GK section memory based Questions and Answers
1. Kathakali is a dance form from which state?
2. Who was the first Prime Minister of Bangladesh
Ans: Tajuddin Ahmad
3. Which organ can regenerate itself?
4. Which sector's contribution in India's GDP has increased the most in past few years?
5. Sachar committee pertains to socioeconomic condition of
6. Dipa Karmakar is associated with which sport?
7. Ozone layer is found in
8. Atal Pension Yojna is for
Ans: old persons in unorganized sector
9. Section 377 pertains to
10. Vishakha judgment pertains to
Ans: Sexual harassment
11. Who's the author of Poverty and Un-british rule in India?
Ans: Dada bhai Naoroji
12. 1857 first war of Indian Independence is also known as
Ans: Indian mutiny
13. Australian Antigen relates to
Ans: Hepatitis B
14. Nitish Katara murder case was classified as
Ans: Honour killing
15. Computer language used for AI
16. Share of Agriculture in India's GDP
17. Rowlatt Act was passed in the year
18. Aadhe Adhure was authored by
Ans: Mohan Rakesh
19: Which of the following is not a Traditional Gharana for Kathak?
20. Matriliny is practised in which tribe?
21. Which terrorist organisation is based in North Nigeria?
Ans: Boko Haram
22. Forest Rights Act: holder of forest rights under the recognition of forest rights act 2006 are empowered to
Ans: All the 3 options were correct
23. Permit representing right to emit Carbon?
Ans: Carbon credit
24. Which of the following won Gold in Rio olympics singles badminton?
Ans: Carolina Marin
25. Operation Flood pertains to
26. ESI is for
Ans: Health insurance and social security
27. India’s entry for Oscars 2016
28. Who of the following is also known as "Frontier Gandhi"?
Ans: Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
29. Industrial expansion has led to increase in concentration of which gas?
Ans: Carbon Dioxide
30. NPT relates to
Ans: Nuclear proliferation
31. Which of the following is an indirect tax?
Ans: Goods & Services Tax
32. Irom Sharmila is from which state?
33. The objective of BIFR is
Ans: Reviving sick companies
34. Which of the following is not under UN?
35. Which of the following protocols deals with reduction in emission of greenhouse gases?
Ans: Kyoto protocol
36. How does National Food Security Act lead to women empowerment?
Ans: Eldest woman of the household to be head of the household for the purpose of issuing ration cards
37. Indus Waters Treaty was signed by Jawaharlal Nehru and
Ans: Ayub Khan
38. Which of the following committees pertains to BCCI?
Ans: Lodha committee
39. Magasasy Award 2016 was awarded to
Ans: Bezwada Wilson and T.M. Krishna
40. Minimum Wages Act was enacted in the year